Wednesday, November 08, 2006

WORD ON THE STREET IS . . .





Ladies and Gents,

As many of you know, I've not just been sick, but I've been illin' illin' illin'. illin'. illin'. And when I told that to my doctor, in precisely those words, he immediately prescribed some hiphop antibiotics, brought to me by a rock n roll nurse. "They went to my head / to my head / as I was lyin' in a hospital bed." If you, too, have been illin', then you, too, should ask your doctor about hiphop antibiotics. In no time, I was popping and breaking. My germs were rapping. And now it's time to walk down the street, where we can meet Little Willie, who's drinking Sneaky Pete.

Join me, (Yes, I will be at Angles this week), Rod Smith, Special Ambassador Steph Monte, and Star Emeritus Mel (Melissa) Nichols for another round of Drink & Walk, this Thursday at 6:00. We will recount all the Jump Blues era names for wine: Blackberry, Sweet Cherry, Sneaky Pete, Sweet Lucy ("Makes you feel real Joo-say!), etc., and we will drink of them. PLEASE NOTE: I, myself, cannot say, with any certainty, that I will join in the pilgrimage to the Black Cat, but said pilgrimage will happen, and will be fabulous.

Directions:

We will arrive at Angles around 6:00 p.m., where there is a sparse crowd at that hour, a dollar off all drinks, including a wide selection of beers and fancy drinks, a jukebox that features Joy Division and Louis Jordan and just about everything in-between, before, and after, and empty pool tables, if you want to shoot pool. Angles can be found precisely where Belmont runs into 18th Street, in Adams Morgan, a couple blocks north from the intersection of 18th and U, a couple blocks south from the intersection of 18th and Columbia, next to a Jumbo ("there's a fly on my") Slice, up a short staircase. Look for the sign "Angles" above the window or door. We will be in the front room.

We will stay at Angles until about 7:45, at which point, we will walk over to the Red Room Bar at the Black Cat, which can be found on 14th Street, between S and T Streets. Arrival time around 8:00/8:10 p.m., and we will be there, likely, until 10:00. Note: If there is a long line for the Black Cat, don't worry about that (it's probably for a show). Just go up to the door and ask for the bar. They'll card you and you can go in, to your right.

Dan Gutstein

4 Comments:

Blogger mark wallace said...

It's a good start, but you need to add a Fuller's Extra Special Bitter to those fish tacos, and to widen the picture so that one sees all the beautiful women in the audience who were hanging on my every word. Then, and only then, would you begin to have the complete picture.

8:18 AM

 
Blogger DAN / DANIEL GUTSTEIN said...

it could be anyone with that fish taco. it's everywhere fish taco.

BA

10:15 AM

 
Blogger mark wallace said...

A fish taco, or that hot dog at Stoney's? You be the judge.

4:29 PM

 
Blogger DAN / DANIEL GUTSTEIN said...

there will now be a drink & walk alternative to falafel. according to joel (the falafel man) there will now be "Haute Dog" -- a hotdog place with serious toppings. so yeah. man. hot dogs.
BA

11:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home