Tuesday, April 24, 2007




Drink & Walk will become, in part, Boire et Marcher, this Thursday, as we celebrate, among other things, the birthday of one
Cécile Dehesdin, international student par excellence. We will say, "A vos sante," numerous times, and some will shout "Royal" and others may shout "Sarkozy" and others will shout "Vive la France!" with tears dripping from their red eyes while some brave soul will undoubtedly order La Fin du Monde, from behind the bar, and for that brave man, the world may indeed end. Si il pleut -- no matter, we will be Drinking in the Rain. Si il fait du vent -- no matter, we will be Drinking in the Wind. Si il froid a l'exterieur -- no matter, we will be Drinking if it is Chilly outside. So, come on down and sing "Bonne Anniversaire" -- How old are you? -- You live in a zoo -- and otherwise join us for another round of the happy hours with the most. You can, of course, come on down, and correct my French!

9 Comments:

Blogger mark wallace said...

Help! I've fallen down and need some tequila troubleshooting!

9:09 PM

 
Blogger DAN / DANIEL GUTSTEIN said...

i believe you would say "elp elp elp" in french. although "tequila" is the universal word, in any language, for "please be my friend." ba

10:50 AM

 
Blogger mark wallace said...

Elp! I have fallen down and need a Pernod.

4:56 PM

 
Blogger DAN / DANIEL GUTSTEIN said...

"Ruth, bring the chicken!" -- My father.

10:23 AM

 
Blogger mark wallace said...

"I'm a chicken head man. I love chicken head." -- T. Model Ford

6:55 PM

 
Blogger DAN / DANIEL GUTSTEIN said...

"If I go before you, if I die before you, I'll be there to open the door. Come on in, mutherf*ck." --Junior Kimbrough.

12:06 PM

 
Blogger mark wallace said...

blood and: "I drank three of those eight percenters. I'm coming to see you, Junior."

12:03 PM

 
Blogger mark wallace said...

blood and: "I did. It's two p.m. and I can't get up."

8:30 PM

 
Blogger DAN / DANIEL GUTSTEIN said...

rod was like "you've only had three beers -- are you a lightweight?" and all i could think was "these beers taste like liquor" but i couldn't express that to rod, because i'd had three eight percenters in rapid succession. ba

3:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home