Monday, March 12, 2007

don't take any wooden nickels!


There will be no Drink & Walk this week -- owing to spring break at both GW and Mason and travel schedules, etc., of myself, Mnsr. Smith, and Mlle Nichols.

However, if any of you are at loose ends out there, give me a call or drop me an email and maybe we can hang out this week. I will tell you of my latest schemes, which include Turkey, the country, (thanks Lorraine!), among other things.

There's also a Thursday night reading up at Georgetown, the poetry of Yusef Komyunakaa, if I've spelt that right. Beers at The Tombs beforehand? Dancing and gateway drugs afterwards?

Too: I can publicly announce that my month-long concussion is now over. For those of you who don't know, a big dude (250-275lbs?) tried to jump me a month ago, (for my wallet), a struggle ensued, and we were both injured. All is well, now, though, according to Fishman The Physician. Fishman did say, however, that I shouldn't have been exercising and drinking in that time. Hmm.

Keep on fighting the good fight and don't take any wooden nickels!

xo, Dan

9 Comments:

Blogger mark wallace said...

Dear Ask Drink and Walk:

I called the tequila shotline the other day, and they said that to continue the call, I needed to deposit a wooden nickel. What do I do?

9:13 AM

 
Blogger DAN / DANIEL GUTSTEIN said...

When calling TequilaPhone, remember your options: Press 1 for salt; press 2 for lime; press 3 for shot glass; press 4 for TSP information; press 5 for cohort; press 6 for Mark Wallace hand gestures; press 7 for a review of options 1 through 6; press 8 for O'Tasty; press 9 for sport; press 0 to talk to a Drink & Walk operator. Thank you. BA

10:09 AM

 
Blogger mark wallace said...

Hey, your latest notice said that if I felt like nobody loved me, I could stop in on this site. Am I feeling the love? Does it hit me upside the head like a top-o-the-line tequila? Ah, sadly, no. No.

12:07 PM

 
Blogger DAN / DANIEL GUTSTEIN said...

Yusef K. gave one of the worst poetry readings I've ever heard. And he won a Pulitzer? At one point, he said, "She moved against him like a salmon trying to swim upstream." I mean, hunh. That's so wrong on so many levels.

I am not dodging your question about love. I am surveying a number of people on this matter and will report back after I summarize the findings of a blue-ribbon panel. That is all. BA

3:26 PM

 
Blogger DAN / DANIEL GUTSTEIN said...

Oh, I would've died if he'd read that poem that starts, "Art, I hate myself for loving your horn." But the salmon line was just as bad. But I forget, of course, that he's one of our very best poets. I don't blame him. I blame the bluehairs. BA

3:27 PM

 
Blogger ITV said...

Special Drink and Walk Bulletin:

Having sensed that Drink and Walk was in trouble last thursday (my drinky sense was tingling) I decided to initiate an emergency scaled down D&W: On Location : Las Vegas : Part 1 1/2

There was drinking, there was walking (and thanks to the lack of open container laws) there was drinking WHILE walking. Much tequila was walked and drankenenen
in the big easy that never sleeps...or whatever the kids are callin it...maybe the biggest little chlamydia outbreak...

and to quote one mr. dan [insert nickname here] gutstein...
: "we've been some places...and we knew some things"

8:57 AM

 
Blogger DAN / DANIEL GUTSTEIN said...

tis true -- we knew some things, once. and we'd been some places, too. now, all we have is the back stoop and whatever wisdom one can find in a 40.

still, it's good to know that our d&w operatives are fanning out across the globe. today, vegas. tomorrow, the, uh, pacific time zone!

BA

8:48 AM

 
Blogger mark wallace said...

Drink & Walk--coming, all over the world, to a stoop near you.

3:16 PM

 
Blogger DAN / DANIEL GUTSTEIN said...

yeah, that's our "sister" organization -- Stoop & Blowchunks. indeed. BA

10:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home