Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Raunchy Launchy


Ladies and Gents,

A recent poll shows that nearly 100 million Americans will use the phrase "Make love" in a number of connections, this VD, er, Valentine's Day. For example: "No, I don't know where the mongoose is, exactly, in the house, just this minute, but quick, make love to me, before he comes outta hiding!;" or "Once you get back with my Value Meals, and after I eat them, baby, and after I watch Astronauts Gone Wild 3: Raunchy Launchy, yep, I'll make love to you -- sweet sweet love, beneath the oleander!;" or "You have re-eroticized my radical politics and my nipples and my abstract expressionism and my intertextual conflation and my need for electric shock, so do me, I mean make love to me, you silly little freak!" It ain't no pretty picture, folks, and yet, at the same time, it is America what's out there.

At Drink & Walk, we come from the old school of the old country, and we mean it when we say "I love you," and we do, love you. There's only one thing, on earth, that loves you more than we do, and that thing, folks, is: The Bottle. Alcohol always loves you, and what better way to celebrate Valentine's Day than to join me, Rod Smith, and Star Emeritus Mel (Melissa) Nichols as we bend another elbow in celebration of love and debauchery. If you must "Make love" before, during, and/or after Drink & Walk, we want you to know that we understand, and we support what must be a very personal decision for you.

Remember that this is a "full" Drink & Walk -- from Angles (6:00 to 7:45) we will go to the Black Cat (8:00 to 10:00).

6 Comments:

Blogger DAN / DANIEL GUTSTEIN said...

it may be that we need to start calling it Drunk & Stagger. i mean, it's not like we show up to Drink & Walk sober, to begin with. eh? comments?

BA

3:01 PM

 
Blogger ITV said...

oh you drink and walk, im-a-gonna put a pitcher of you in mah locket and carry you with me always..bar to bar to bar

3:01 PM

 
Blogger DAN / DANIEL GUTSTEIN said...

where have you gone, mark wall-all-ace, our nation turns its lonely eyes to you, whoo hoo hoo.

ba

12:33 PM

 
Blogger mark wallace said...

I'm now hanging out at Drive & Fill Out Grant Form blogspot. Bring your completed snappy requests.

12:39 PM

 
Blogger DAN / DANIEL GUTSTEIN said...

man, it's like stand & freeze outside today. my white noise was frozen shut last night. i woke up at 4 a.m. to, like, perfect quiet, and i panicked. badly. lord, unfreeze my white noise!

ba

5:40 AM

 
Blogger mark wallace said...

Drink & Walk has unfrozen many a soul. But many a drunk has died on the cold walk home. You picks your number and you takes your chances.

4:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home