Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Scheduling America's Appointments


Ladies and Gents,

Years ago, the Secret Service referred to Bill Clinton at the POTUS, or President Of The United States. I was out on the town with some relatives, one of whom, at the time, worked in the White House. We were eating dinner when we became aware of a gregarious table to the side, dominated by a cigar-chomping, cowboy-hat-wearing, Texas-sounding woman. Hallos and salutations were then exchanged between our table and theirs, as my relative explained to me that this was the ROTUS, the Receptionist Of The United States. She would, in effect, perform receptionist duties like schedule America's appointments, file America's documents, and take down America's dictations, and when she answered the phone, she would say: "United States of America -- May I help you?"

We don't yet have a Receptionist Of Drink & Walk (RODAW) or a PODAW (President Of Drink & Walk) but if you need to reach Drink & Walk, you can always call me, on the cell. Email me, privately, if you would, (don't be shy), and I will gladly give you the number, if you don't have it already. When you call, I will say, "Drink & Walk -- May I help you?" And you may then state your bidness. This Thursday, among other things, we will be discussing Harper Lee's literary masterpiece, Tequila Mockingbird, from 6:00 until 9:30 at Angles, at which point, those in attendance will, collectively, decide on a second venue. Want to join us after hours? Ring me on the Drink & Walk Emergency Hotline for breaking news and information, thank yaw.

6 Comments:

Blogger mark wallace said...

Who do I call if I want to do a cross-continental tequila shot? Is there a shotline?

8:25 PM

 
Blogger DAN / DANIEL GUTSTEIN said...

You know the number, Pally. If you call us at 6:00 your time, we will do that shot with you at 9:00 our time. Sounds about right. Plus, ready your shotgun dude, I may be living on the beach out there pretty soon. BA

9:27 AM

 
Blogger mark wallace said...

I wish I could. Two late nights in a row at work coming up, then a weekend (family) visitor. Talking about a shotline is about the closest I'm going to get to the real thing for the next week at least.

The beach here is rapidly eroding, so you better move now if you want to live on it.

9:53 AM

 
Blogger DAN / DANIEL GUTSTEIN said...

The beach, eroding? That's not good. I'll need a marine amphibious lean to. BA

12:15 PM

 
Blogger mark wallace said...

That, or an ark.

5:17 PM

 
Blogger DAN / DANIEL GUTSTEIN said...

Yes, I'm told that we'll need arks, all of us, soon. BA

12:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home