Tuesday, May 23, 2006

welcome to drink & walk (avec baseball)

I would submit to you that you haven't lived, until you've successfully heckled Jesse Orosco, the former left-handed pitcher who played, for 24 years, for the Mets / Dodgers / Indians / Brewers / Orioles / Cardinals / Dodgers / Padres / Yankees / Twins. Ah, it was a balmy evening in Baltimore, at old Memorial Stadium, and I was pissed, sloshed, wasted, looped. My buddy and I, Kenny, took in two ass pockets of whiskey and were acting like two asses in a pocket of morons out there behind the visiting team's bullpen.

The Indians were in town, 1990, and I told Jesse Orosco, who was warming up at the time, and I quote: "@#$%!!&&**@@!" This elicited nothing but a smile from the veteran pitcher. So, instead, I told Orosoco that I was gonna get down there in the bullpen and, and I quote: "Put a coat on his hanger." To which, Orosco stopped warming up, and with a big chew of terbacky in his mouth, yelled up to me: "Phook you!" A pitcher don't like his curveball being called "a hanger." And then the ushers ejected the guys behind us. Justice.

To put a coat on our hangers, hang out this Thursday for another round of Drink & Walk. Oh, we'll be Drinking & Walking at the appointed hours, but before that, at 1:05 p.m., we will be seated in the RFK Stadium cheap seats for the matinee game between the (g)Nats and the Astros. We won't carry in any ass pockets of whiskey, but we will cheer as the Astros groove the tittie whip, as the (g)Nats throw that high cheese and bat those dingers and peas.

Drink & Walk: The Happy Hours that takes you out to the old ball game. (Let us know if you'd like to join us at RFK.)

2 Comments:

Blogger mark wallace said...

Prepare ye to be food for thine enemies, saith the Lord. For am I here, and my wrath shall be righteous, and all shall tremble and quail before me, and not one sinnner shall be spared.

This week, wear a hat.

12:54 PM

 
Blogger DAN / DANIEL GUTSTEIN said...

All I can say is -- there are "goings on." That's not always the case, but yes, there are "goings on." People are on Greyhound busses. People are owning liquor stores. And the bases are loaded with nobody out. The smart money? Well, the smart money's on the smart money. Put that in yr pipes and smoke it.

Blood And

12:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home